- B.S. Biology/Chemistry – Mt. St. Mary College
- M.Ed. in Education – University of Phoenix
- Advanced graduate study in School Psychology and Educational Administration – State University of New York
Relevant teaching experience:
- Teacher/Assistant Program Coordinator, State University of New York, 1993
- Lead Professor/Program Director, State University of New York, 1999
- Co-teacher hybrid courses, Education, City University of New York, 2007
- Assoc. Professor, Humanities, City University of New York, 2007
- Professor, Counseling, State University of New York, 2007
Alana joined PCA in 2016 and teaches the following courses: “Optics,” “Introduction to General Biology,”
“Introduction to General Anatomy,” “Urban Biology,” and “The Microbiome, the Macro¬biome, and Humanity” at PCA, in addition to serving as Registrar.
She is also peer reviewer for academic journals focused on Academic Advising, Diverse Learners and International Education.